This is an analysis of the poem Eventually that begins with:
The ones who lose,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXcaaeb ecfadfb eafbXXcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,7,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111 01000 1111001 001110 101001 110100100 0101 0111010 11111 01000 010010001 001011001 10100101001 01010111 011101 10101101101 01000 10110010 11100100111 01001 01000 11110101 010010110101 010101 01000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eventually;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of A 'missed' Interpretation
- Analysis of There Is No Such Thing
- Analysis of Happy Sack Trackers