This is an analysis of the poem Deluged that begins with:
Keep them deluged.
Keep them demeaned....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAAA BCDC AAAA BCDCXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 1001 1001 1001 111001 010101 101011 100010101 1010 1001 1001 1001 111001 010101 101011 100010101 1100101111 100011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 97
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; keep, them, love are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words keep, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Deluged;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of The More I Chose To Notice It
- Analysis of Revealed That He Was Strick! And All Business
- Analysis of Give Me Image