This is an analysis of the poem The Plough Of Time that begins with:
Night closed my windows and
The sky became a crystal house...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabXcbcdXXdXeeafbffcdXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 01010101 010101 01 110 1011010 010111 01010 1101101 010101010 10010 0101 11010101 01011 101101 01011 101000 101011 10100 01011 1001010 101 10100011 10011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 599
- Average number of words per stanza: 104
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Plough Of Time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- Analysis of Seascape With Sun And Eagle
- Analysis of To The Oracle At Delphi
- Analysis of Recipe For Happiness Khaborovsk Or Anyplace