This is an analysis of the poem To The Oracle At Delphi that begins with:
Great Oracle, why are you staring at me,
do I baffle you, do I make you despair?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXdcaXeffXgf fhffXgbX Xfhfficaiii chieeheXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,8,11,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001111011 11101111101 1010000100 10010110101 001010010 11110111 0010110010 1111011 1010010001 01100 101100101 00011011 10001001000 0101 110010011 11001010100 010111 1111011001 110011110 11101000010100 00101 0101101 011101010010 111010 10011 11011001 101001010 011 11111 101110101 1001 1111011 01101 010101 1101001010 1101111 110100101 0100110100 0100010010 0100101 001110 1111101 1111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 335
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, i, of, voice are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
The author used the same word great at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines greece is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Oracle At Delphi;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- Analysis of Recipe For Happiness Khaborovsk Or Anyplace
- Analysis of Wild Dreams Of A New Beginning
- Analysis of Bird With Two Right Wings