This is an analysis of the poem Seascape With Sun And Eagle that begins with:
than most birds...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXbccXb bddde afdd fdbedggg dX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,5,4,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 111 11011 101010 101110 111 11111 001 1010 10010 101 11010 1011110 010001 11110 10110 110011 11111 110110 0011 111 11010101 11010 1101 11010101 101010101 1010101 110101100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 116
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seascape With Sun And Eagle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- Analysis of To The Oracle At Delphi
- Analysis of Recipe For Happiness Khaborovsk Or Anyplace
- Analysis of Wild Dreams Of A New Beginning