This is an analysis of the poem King Erick's Faith that begins with:
In Upsal’s stately Minster, before the altar, stands
The Swedish King, brave Erick, with high uplifted hands... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eeXe bbcc ddbb ddaa bbaa aXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101010010101 0101110011001 0101111010101 1101010110011 1101001010101 0101001111111 11011101101001 0101001110101 11010010110101 0101010110100 1111100011110 1101010010101 1101110110101 1111011010111 0101110110101 0101100111111 1101110111111 0101001110111 01010100111101 0101010111001 11010101101001 10010101000111 1001010010101 1111110110111 1101110110101 1101010111001 1011010110101 1101100110101 1101111010101 10010101101010 1101010110101 1101110110111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 223
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 55 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, god, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word skalater is repeated.
The author used the same word king at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of King Erick's Faith;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.