This is an analysis of the poem Misery Is Mystery that begins with:
Misery his heart hath broken
Misery is mystery!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcac aXddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001110 1000100 1011100 10101010 0010001 11101010 1000100100 10101010 10111010 1010100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Misery Is Mystery;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lady Jane Wilde
- Analysis of Shadows From Life
- Analysis of The Mystic Tree.From Ölenschlager
- Analysis of The Poet At Court