This is an analysis of the poem Lad Os Drikke that begins with:
Lad os drikke
Vinen, vi som kan!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XbXX XaXa bbbb XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 10111 1010111 1111 11 10100 1011110 11111 111 11101 011111 0101 1010 1110 111110 1100 101 111 1110111 111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 81
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lad Os Drikke;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Knud Lyne Rahbek
- Analysis of Lad Os Drikke, Lad Os Synge
- Analysis of Landflygtig Glæden Var Paa Jorden
- Analysis of Mahomed Tyrkerne Skjændig Forraadte