This is an analysis of the poem Lad Os Drikke, Lad Os Synge that begins with:
Lad os drikke, lad os synge,
og forkynde Sorgen Krig!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXX XaXa XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 110101 1111101 101111 111011 1011101 111101 110101 1111111 11111 10111 11111 11111 1110110 111111 11111 11101100 11111 11110 1111111 1110111 1111101 10111 101110 1111110 1111111 11001110 1110101 1111101 1110111 10111010 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; som is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word som is repeated.
The author used the same words hvo, skaal at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lad Os Drikke, Lad Os Synge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Knud Lyne Rahbek
- Analysis of Landflygtig Glæden Var Paa Jorden
- Analysis of Mahomed Tyrkerne Skjændig Forraadte
- Analysis of Mit Levnet Bestandig Har Sandet