This is an analysis of the poem Landflygtig Glæden Var Paa Jorden that begins with:
Landflygtig Glæden var paa Jorden,
forfulgt med Ild og Sværd;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcX XcdXXX dXXXXX XXXXXb XXXXcc XdXXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011110 101111 10011110 11101 01010111 111101 11100100 110001 110101110 110101 11011100 11110 1111010110 11100 111110110 101111 1111101 11111 11010110 111 11111010 11111 110110 1111 1110101 101101 11100111 11001 11011101 1101101 1110101 10010 1101101 110111 1111 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hun is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word hun is repeated.
The author used the same word hun at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Landflygtig Glæden Var Paa Jorden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Knud Lyne Rahbek
- Analysis of Mahomed Tyrkerne Skjændig Forraadte
- Analysis of Mit Levnet Bestandig Har Sandet
- Analysis of Naar Hele Sit Levnet Man Nøie Beseer