This is an analysis of the poem Christmas that begins with:
Hail the coming holiday,
With a hearty joyous feast,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbddcX dcacefdf eghacdhd dgichXcX fgdgiXfi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 0010101 1101101 1011111 1110101 110111 0101100 011101 110010011 010101 1100111 010101 11110101 110101 01100111 110101 1110100 110101 1111010 010101 1101010 01101 0101110 011101 110010001 110101 11010011 110111 11101100 110101 1111010 011101 11010101 110101 010010001 111101 11010101 0101010 10100100 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 226
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Christmas;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.