This is an analysis of the poem Advice To Little Children that begins with:
Bless those little children
That love to go to school;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Abab cdcd c Abcb ebXX afaf c cege XXdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,1,4,4,4,1,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 110101 10010 1010101 101110 111111 1101010 111111 10 111010 110101 111010 110101 111111 10101 00100111 100101 111010 010011 1111110 11011 10 111011 010011 010110 110101 1110010 001101 1111011 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 85
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word be is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Advice To Little Children;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.