This is an analysis of the poem Connaissez-Vous Mon Andalouse that begins with:
Connaissez-vous mon Andalouse,
Plus belle que les plus beaux jours, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XabXa XXXXX cXcXX XXXdX XXXXX adeaX XXcXX bXXXX eXeXX XXeXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011100 1111111 1010111 1110110 1101110 11011111 11110111 11110011 011011 111111101 1111010011 1001110111 11111110 1111110 111101011 1111111 1011100 11001101 1111110 1011100 111110 111100 111100 10111111 0101100 11111110 1110100 1110111 111101 1111001 1111101 0100101 11111 111111111 10110010 11100100 1111110 10111111 1101110 111110100 111111 110111 11010 1111010 10110110 111101 111111101 11110110 111011 11010111 10101110 111011 101111110 11111110 100010 111110 10010110 111111100 111011010 11101010
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; plus, de, e are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word que is repeated.
The author used the same word c'est at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re, e are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Connaissez-Vous Mon Andalouse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.