This is an analysis of the poem Hésitation that begins with:
Celle que j'aime a de grands yeux
Sous de brunes prunelles ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXbXX cXXXXbXX XXaXcbXX XXaXXXXX XXXdcXcX XbXdaXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110011 1010100 111111 011111 1110011 111111 111110110 111 1110111 1011010 1111110 111110 110101111 11111111 11111111 111 1111110 1101 1011111 1111 11101011 1110111 10110110 111 11111 011111 1111111111011 11110 0111110110 101 10101110 111 110110 11100 1111011 111011 1111111 11111 11111111 111 1110101 111101 111101110 110011 10111011 11101 1111111 111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 223
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; moi, pour are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word celle is repeated.
The author used the same word celle at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word j'aime at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hésitation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.