This is an analysis of the poem The Lodestone that begins with:
As needles point towards the pole,
When touched by the magnetic stone;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef eaea fcfc ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 11100101 11010101 01000101 11110101 01010011 01010101 01011101 11010101 01000101 11010101 11111101 10110011 11110000 01010111 01001101 11111101 11011101 110100101 01111111 11011111 11010111 11010101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lodestone;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.