This is an analysis of the poem The Death Of Stephen that begins with:
As some tall rock amidst the waves,
The fury of the tempest braves;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd Xcee eeff ggXa hhii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 01000101 10110101 11011101 11100101 110111001 10111101 11011101 110101000 01000101 01011101 01010101 01110101 01001101 110010101 11011101 01011101 11011111 10110111 11010101 11110111 11010101 01111111 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Death Of Stephen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.