This is an analysis of the poem Walking With God that begins with:
By faith in Christ I walk with God,
With heav'n, my journeys'-end, in view;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac dada aeae fcfc eXeX gaga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011101 01110101 01010111 11011101 11010101 11011101 111000011 10111111 11110111 11111101 11010111 10100101 01000111 11110101 011100100 11110111 01110101 11101101 11111111 11010101 11000111 100110101 11110111 11110101 11011101 01010101 00111101 01111111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Walking With God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.