This is an analysis of the poem The Problem of Anxiety that begins with:
Fifty years have passed
since I started living in those dark towns...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaaXXX caXXcbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 10011 1110100111 1110101 11111111101 10100110001001 1011000110010 1110010010101 01010001111 1001110011 010011111100 10010111011 10110111 110010010100 101111110010 001101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 337
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Problem of Anxiety;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.