This is an analysis of the poem The Painter that begins with:
Sitting between the sea and the buildings
He enjoyed painting the sea's portrait. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbde eadbbX cebabd dcbXab bdaceX bbedcaXadc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001011010 101100110 1111001001 010101010001 0110111001 1001101010 111101011010 01010110010 1101101001 101011011010 10110111101 0010110100100 111010001 11011111010 110110101 100111010 1001001010 101010101 100101101 0011000111 1011110110 1001110100 01111101010 11110011001 0100101011001 1010100101 101110100010 0010111001 101001110 110010110100 100100110 100110100001 010110010 100111101 1101111001 0100101010 11101000100010 101010010101 11001101000101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 245
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines canvas, prayer, brush, subject, portrait, buildings are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Painter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.