This is an analysis of the poem My Erotic Double that begins with:
He says he doesn't feel like working today.
It's just as well. Here in the shade ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXbXXbbacXcbc dXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110111001 01111001 01010100110 11110110110 1101110 010 01111001111 1010010011 0101111011 1111011101101 010111101 1111101101 11010110011 11101100101 1111001010110 1101111011110 11110101010 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 406
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word thank is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines things is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Erotic Double;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.