This is an analysis of the poem Det, Som Min Læbe that begins with:
Det, som min Læbe stammer svagt,
Har dig for længst mit Øie sagt....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXA XXXXXbbXXA XXXXXccXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 111111111 11010101 11011111 11111001 11010111 1111110 1011110 011011 11000100 1111101 1111111 11010101 11011111 111101100 11111111 111111 1011110 011011 11000100 1011111 111111101 1111111 11110110 110111000 11011101 11011101 11111011 111111 11000101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 308
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, du, det, m are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words h, jeg are repeated.
The author used the same word det at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines m is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word du at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Det, Som Min Læbe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of Eensomhed
- Analysis of Efteraarsfølelse
- Analysis of En Elskovserklæring? Hvad Er Det Saa Meer?