This is an analysis of the poem Eensomhed that begins with:
Hist i Kreds af nøgne Fjelde,
Hvor de dunkle Pile staae,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaX XXXXXa XXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 101011 101101 111111 11100011 1111111101 111110 1111111 1010111 1100111 11111101 1111111 11101110 1011101 1111110 101011 111111 111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eensomhed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of Efteraarsfølelse
- Analysis of En Elskovserklæring? Hvad Er Det Saa Meer?
- Analysis of En Værdig Mand Er Død! I Kraftig Alder