This is an analysis of the poem En Elskovserklæring? Hvad Er Det Saa Meer? that begins with:
En Elskovserklæring? hvad er det saa Meer?
Saa stor en Fortræd jeg ikke deri seer....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXb XXXb XaXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101110 111111101 1111101111 11111011111 1100011011 11011111101 1111100101 1111111111 11111001 1111110101 111000110110 11111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 179
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; som, han are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word bange at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of En Elskovserklæring? Hvad Er Det Saa Meer?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Johan Ludvig Heiberg
- Analysis of En Værdig Mand Er Død! I Kraftig Alder
- Analysis of Epilog
- Analysis of Erindrer De, Det Var I Kongenshave