This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Driftweed that begins with:
HERE’S to the home that was never, never ours!
Toast it full and fairly when the winter lowers. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bbcc ddeeXeedd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100011110101 101110101010 111110110111 100010100101 100011110111 111010110101 101110110101 101000110101 100011010101 101010110101 111000100101 111010100101 100011110100 0010011010001 0101010010101 101010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 872
- Average number of words per stanza: 166
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Driftweed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.