This is an analysis of the poem Rona In The Moon that begins with:
Rona, Rona, sister olden,-
Rona in the moon!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAAA bcbc dcdc aeaX afaf eXeg eeee hghgXAAAA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 10001 110111010 10111 10101010 10101 10111110 10101 11101010 01101 11111010 10101 10111010 11101 10101010 01101 10101010 10111 11101010 10101 11101011 11101 10101010 1011 1010110 10101 10101010 10101 00101010 10001 00111010 1011 110111010 10111 10101010 10001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; rona, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words rona, 'boil, up, like are repeated.
The author used the same word rona at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rona In The Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.