This is an analysis of the poem Fête Galante that begins with:
Ah ! si fines de taille, et si souples, si lentes
Dans leur étroit peignoir enrubanné de feu, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaaX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111011110110 1111010001 111001110111 10001011100 101010101000 0111010101 1110010011 101110111110 100100111010 1110101110100 101111100100 101001110 100111101 111001011110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; si, de, et, les are repeated.
The author used the same word ah at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines es, e are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fête Galante;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.