This is an analysis of the poem Les Nymphes that begins with:
Toi, tu dois les aimer, les grands ciels de septembre,
Profonds, brûlants d'or vierge et trempés d'outremer. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaaX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111110111010 1011111100 11110111010 101001111110 1101110111001 10111011011 101010111011 1100111011 1101110100 010011101110 0011001101000 111101101100 11010111110 11011101000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, de, et, la, dans, leur, des, le are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Les Nymphes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.