This is an analysis of the poem Galatée that begins with:
Le front ceint de fucus et de corail amer,
Parmi la floraison des glauques madrépores,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXX aXX aXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 011010101010 101100110100 10100111100 01110001011 110001111010 1110100101110 011110110110 111101101 1000111101 1001010110 10111111110 10101111111 01001111010 01010110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, la, des, et are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Galatée;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.