This is an analysis of the poem Devant Un Cranach that begins with:
Sous un grand chaperon de peluche écarlate,
Un clair escoffion brodé de perles rondes...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaX XXXa XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11110001010 11100101010 10110111011 11111110 11010110111 100101010100 101111100010 100111110010 110111011010 0101011101110 1101001010 101111110 11010011110 1111001110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; un, de are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Devant Un Cranach;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.