This is an analysis of the poem Youth And June that begins with:
I was your lover long ago, sweet June,
Ere life grew hard; I am your lover still,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXdcedefdef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1111010111 1111111101 1101000101 1111010111 1111010111 010100011 1 0101010001 11010101 11 0100110111 10110101001 1111111 111 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 525
- Average number of words per stanza: 103
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Youth And June;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.