This is an analysis of the poem O Radiance Of Life's Morning that begins with:
O Radiance of life's morning! O gold without alloy!
O love that lives through all the years! O full, O perfect joy!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcc DeXe bbXDaeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11000110110111 11111100111011 01011100100111 11010101011101 11000110 010101 0101010 111111 1101010110101 1111010110011 11000110 110111 11111100 111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words o, the are repeated.
The author used the same word o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Radiance Of Life's Morning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.