This is an analysis of the poem The Song Of The Bells that begins with:
He frowned and shook his snowy head.
'Those clanging bells! they deafen quite... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacacdd efefaXaXXX babaececXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 11011101 01100111 11000101 01010011 11110001 11111111 11011111 11011111 01010101 11011101 11110100 10111111 11111111 11010111 11111100 11111001 11011100 10111111 11011101 11011101 01110101 11011101 01111111 10110111 01010101 11000111 01111101 11111101 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 364
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; so, long, to are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song Of The Bells;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.