This is an analysis of the poem Psalm Xlvi: God Is The Refuge that begins with:
God is the refuge of his saints,
When storms of sharp distress invade;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbc cbcb dbdb efef agag hbhb gaga cici bgbX jkjk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10010001 11010101 11110101 01101001 11001101 10011101 01010101 11110101 11010101 01011101 1100101001 10110101 10011101 01010011 11111101 110010101 10010111 0101010010 11010101 110100110 11000101 11011101 11000101 01010101 01011101 11010111 01010111 11000111 01011111 11010101 10110101 1100100101 11011101 1001101001 11010111 01110001 11111111 01010101 10011101 111101010 11010101 11111101 11110111 01000101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, he are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm Xlvi: God Is The Refuge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.