This is an analysis of the poem Hymn 51 that begins with:
Jude 1:24,25. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X bcbc XdXd beae fgag fbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00101 11 010101 110111 11010101 110101 100101 010101 01110111 1100101 100111 010101 01010001 010101 110101 110101 11010001 110101 011001 1011001 01010100 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 83
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word shall is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn 51;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.