This is an analysis of the poem Hymn 48 that begins with:
The Christian race.
Isa. 40:28-31. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X bXac dede Xfbc fgXg Xdgd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 0101 1011 01110111 1100100110 01110101 11010101 11011101 110101011 11010101 110101001 110111010 01011101 11011100 11010101 010101001 11110101 11111101 11011111 11110101 11010101 11011111 110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn 48;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.