This is an analysis of the poem Storm Windows that begins with:
People are putting up storm windows now,
Or were, this morning, until the heavy rain ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcdXccdeabXffbce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011011101 10010010101 1011110111 1111010101 1101101011 1101110101 0101111101 1101101001 01011011011 1101011111 10111110101 1001111001 1001010100 01010011010 0101010100 1101010101 0100010001 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 799
- Average number of words per stanza: 140
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word something is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Storm Windows;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.