This is an analysis of the poem Learning The Trees that begins with:
Before you can learn the trees, you have to learn
The language of the trees. That's done indoors,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcd abXe bXfX ghhX dgiX Xdgc cjbX babi eeca fcXcXbbdj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111011101 0100011111 1001111100 01001010001 0101100101 1100010101 11001011111 110100101011 11011011101 10001011100 11100101101 1101111000 0100010111 11001010101 01101000100 10010111010 10000100101 11001011111 0101011101 1101011010010 0100100001 11010101 0101010101 1101111111 1001100101 0101011111 1101011100 0101010101 1100011001 1011011101 1111101101 11010100101 1111010100 01001010100 01001101100 0100010001 1100010100 01001000101 10000100101 0101010100 1110110100 1101010101 1101111111 11101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, you, and, to, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, experience are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines with is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Learning The Trees;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.