This is an analysis of the poem Learning By Doing that begins with:
They're taking down a tree at the front door,
The power saw is snarling at some nerves,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdefggXhijddj kdjXefkfcf dfegfXhkXfeidgcafb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,10,18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101011011 0101010111 1011011101 11111110101 1011110111 1111011111 1111000110 1101010011 1101111101 01010101010 10100010100 1001010101 110101010001 11001011101 1001000101 0111011110 10010001110 0100010111 1001010101 1111111001 0111010110 11010010101 1111110000 1100011101 0101011011 1111010101 0111110101 1001010101 1111011101 0101110111 1011111011 010100111010 10101000100 01110101010 1011000101 1101010111 0101111101 1001111001 11110010101 1111010101 11011101001 0001011101 1100010001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 445
- Average number of words per stanza: 83
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at, they, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Learning By Doing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.