This is an analysis of the poem Den Skønne, Korte Nat Saa Tidt that begins with:
Den skønne, korte Nat saa tidt
Tavs lytted til vor Elskovs Sprog,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXa bXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 11011101 111101 11110001 11010101 1100011 11110101 11010111 1101111 11111111 1101111 11110001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Den Skønne, Korte Nat Saa Tidt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Holger Drachmann
- Analysis of Den Spillemand Snapped Fiolen
- Analysis of Der Gik Et Par Elskende
- Analysis of Der Lød De Tusinde Røster