This is an analysis of the poem Der Lød De Tusinde Røster that begins with:
Der lød de tusinde Røster
Hen under den dæmrende Strand:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbcacX XbXXdXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 110111 11011 11111 1110001 101101 111111 1100101 111111 111011 111101 11111 01010110 110111 1101010 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ej is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word det is repeated.
The author used the same word der at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Lød De Tusinde Røster;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Holger Drachmann
- Analysis of Dér Sidder Hun! Jeg Ser Et Kredsløb Svinde
- Analysis of Der Spilles Et Dundrende Stykke
- Analysis of Det Tabte Paradis