This is an analysis of the poem Der Gik Et Par Elskende that begins with:
Der gik et Par Elskende paa Vejen og sang,
Mellem tætte Gærder befriende det klang;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AaXXXaX XXXXXXX AaXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011011 10111011 101010 101110 101111 11111 1011 11011011001 101111001 111010 111010 1010111 1111111 110111 11111011011 101111001 101010 10110 101111 111111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 224
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; den, d are repeated.
The author used the same word der at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Gik Et Par Elskende;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Holger Drachmann
- Analysis of Der Lød De Tusinde Røster
- Analysis of Dér Sidder Hun! Jeg Ser Et Kredsløb Svinde
- Analysis of Der Spilles Et Dundrende Stykke