This is an analysis of the poem Bølgernes Sang that begins with:
Hen over Havet,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXXXb bXXbXXXXXc XXcaXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,10,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 11010 1101 1110 11010 1010 11010 11 111111111 11011111 11010111 111101101 111110111 11011011 111101111 11111011111 11010011010 110111111 110110 11110 11011 11110 1001 01010 11110 11
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; han, ej, vi are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words han, vi are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bølgernes Sang;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.