This is an analysis of the poem De Kom Og Bød Mig that begins with:
De kom og bød mig Tvivlens Sværd
Og Spottens skarpe Lanse;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXaX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111101 11011 1111010 110101 11011101 1001110 11111101 1101110 1111111111 11100 11111101 110111 11011111 111010 01011101 111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of De Kom Og Bød Mig;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.