This is an analysis of the poem Bøn that begins with:
Lær mig at blive en Mand,
Haardt prøvede Hav!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXaXXXX bXXbXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 111 11010111 10111 1111011 1101111 1111110 101111 111111 11111010 111101010 1111001010 11011011011 11111110 110101101 111111111 11010011010 10111110110 111111 1001 111011 10111 1111011 1111011 100101 110101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word l is repeated.
The author used the same word l at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bøn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.