This is an analysis of the poem Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 1. Finale that begins with:
The hour was late; the fire burned low,
The Landlord's eyes were closed in sleep,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcacXcddc XeXdecceeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101011 01110101 11010101 10011111 11010111 10110111 11100001 11010001 01011111 11010111 01010011 11011111 01010101 010100010 11010101 10010111 01010101 10010101 01010001 10010101 101100101 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 388
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 1. Finale;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.