This is an analysis of the poem To My Little Niece Anne Duyckinck that begins with:
To his charming black-eyed niece
Uncle Harry wishest peace! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXb ccbb XXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010111 1010101 10101010 10010001 1110101 10011101 1110101 1110101 1100101 1010101 1010101 01110011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word no is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To My Little Niece Anne Duyckinck;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.