This is an analysis of the poem Hiding Place that begins with:
Hail sov'reign love that first began,
The scheme to rescue fallen man;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccbb ddbb aabb eebb ffbb ggbb ggbbXddbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 01010101 11010101 11110101 01011101 11011001 01010001 11010101 10010101 11010111 10110101 01010101 110010101 01010111 11010001 11111101 01010101 010100111 11010101 01001101 11010111 11010101 11110101 01011101 110101101 11010101 11011111 11001101 11010101 11110101 11010101 11011101 01110111 11111101 11110101 111100101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hiding Place;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.