This is an analysis of the poem Acknowledgement that begins with:
With the ladies' permission, most humbly I'd mention
How much we're obliged by all their attention;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabbccddee ffgg hhggbXiibb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,4,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0011010110110 11101111010 110010011010 11110011010 11111111101 01001001011 11001011101 101011001101 001101111010 0100101010 010011110011 1110100011011 11111011011 11101001001 10100100111010 110010110010 11101111001 101011111001 1100110101 01001101001 1101101101 01001101001 01011101011 10011101011 11010111101 01110011001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 397
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, at, or, false, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines at is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Acknowledgement;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.