This is an analysis of the poem Andy's Return that begins with:
With pannikins all rusty,
And billy burnt and black,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcDefefghgh igigXdgd dgdgadaD cjcjckck
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100110 110111 1111110 110101 0111010 110101 1111010 110101 0011010 010001 1101110 110101 0110110 110101 01100010 110111 1101110 110101 1101010 110101 1101110 110101 1101010 110101 0101110 110101 1101110 010001 0101110 1100101 0101110 110101 0101010 110101 1110010 110101 1100110 111101 1111110 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 277
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, s are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word again at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Andy's Return;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.