This is an analysis of the poem The Bush Girl that begins with:
So you rode from the range where your brothers “select,”
Through the ghostly grey bush in the dawn--- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a b a b X c X c b c b c c a d a e f e f g b g b d c d c b c bXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001111001 101011001 111011101101 1101001 111001001110 101101001 111001111001 101101101 11111011111 11101011 11111011001 11101011 101001101101 101011101 101101001011 001101101 101001001011 011011011 101001001011 01011001 111101011011 11111011 101101011011 101011001 111111111001 001011001 001001101011 101001111 11111011111 11101011 11101011001 11101011
- Amount of stanzas: 36
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 39
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, that, and, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
The author used the same word of at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bush Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.